From the web: 28 Ways To Move On From A Past Relationship
28 Ways To Move On From A Past Relationship
Move on in a healthy way to attract the right one for you.
When a relationship is over, it can be extremely difficult to let go and understand how to get over a breakup in a healthy way. But rather than dwelling in the past and trying to fix what went wrong, it's really just time to let go.
You may continue to think about your ex, your good times, and how much you miss them. But holding on to a past love clutters up your heart and mind. Letting go opens up the space and possibilities to attract the partner of your dreams.
If you're set on letting go of the past and want to stop dwelling on the relationship you had with your ex, there are certain things you need to stop doing. So, quit...
1. Listening to love songs that remind you of him
2. Going to places where you spent time together
3. Thinking about the good times you had together
4. Communicating with him through text or call
5. Being friends with benefits or being the other woman
6. Wishing and hoping that he'll come back to you
7. Being in denial that it's over
8. Looking at his pictures, cards, love letters, and his Facebook
10. Talking continually about him with your friends, family, and anyone who will listen
11. Trying to run into him in bars and nightclubs
12. Looking for him on online dating sites
13. Trying to make him jealous by flirting with or connecting with his male friends
14. Letting yourself get rundown (overeating, not exercising)
In addition to stopping certain behaviors, there are other practices you should take on. These will help you transition and move forward with more ease and grace. So, start to...
1. Find your happiness from within
2. Be grateful for the wonderful things in your life
3. Find your passions and focus on them
4. Get healthy from the inside out
5. Focus on the present moment and know that all is well
6. Connect and spend time with your family and friends
7. Enjoy hobbies and activities that you've been meaning to do
8. Do things to refresh, renew, and soothe your soul
9. Exercise and workout
10. Listen to uplifting music
11. Keep a journal
12. Read positive books
13. Create a bucket list and start doing things on your list
14. Apply lessons (what you've learned) from your past relationships to create your ideal love life
Be patient and gentle with yourself during this time. It takes courage to move forward and becomes easier once you start. Try a few of the stops and starts. As you become comfortable with them, take on additional ones.